1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, better than yesterday. No showers, even though a few sprinkles about 1:30. Actually, by late afternoon, things had dried out pretty well.

But, oh, the wet ground! I really left some hard tracking with my ZTR a few places. I had to use racetrack a couple of places, forward/reverse swiping just was too much to handle.

I nearly got stuck multiple times, and did get stuck one place. I slid down a grade, into the side of a shed, angled out a bit. Could not move forward, and backward only meant harder against the shed. The good news was that a large tree was about 30 feet in front of my Z. So, out with cable, chains, and winch, ... 30 minutes later, I had it pulled out. The tree was in the best place possible for an anchor point.

I am not yet finished with the Wednesday schedule, ... still a couple to finish tomorrow. The forecast looks favorable, only 30% chance of rain. Saturday looks good, so maybe a full day Saturday will get me caught up again.

Who signed me up for this?

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Tell me about it, luckily I'm on Thursday's schedule tomorrow! Sorry to hear you got stuck, almost did myself once or twice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Today ended up being beautiful! I got my thursday schedule done! Hopefully tomorrow is just as nice! I only got stuck one time (on my last yard) and the grass was pretty dry by this afternoon!

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry I missed you! Were you doing my old route?

Long day today...1 HOA, a nursing home, 3 model homes, and met the another crew at a home for the mentally handicapped...finally got back to the shop at 930

5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Muddy mess out there luckily it was mostly cloudy though. We bagged a heck of alot today. This has been a stressful week I been sick since Monday. Only good thing is we stayed on schedule mowing all through the rain. So I will be pounding out 4 landscape jobs tomorrow and saturday

6. Pressedun

Sure was man, sounds like you had a fun, long day!

7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone interested in purchasing some accounts in the Leechburg area? Im looking to downsize a bit.

For starters I have three lawns on the same street for sale. 1 is a 20,000 sqft lot for $50. The other two are 10,000sqft lots. 1 is $30 the other is $35. All are done weekly and 2 are side by side neighbors, the other is two houses up. All three are $250,000 homes in a fairly new plan. 2 of the homes are prepaid billing.

I currently do a treatment program on 2 of the three. If you are certified and interested in also doing treatments we can work that out. If the buyer does not do treatments Id be happy to continue treating the properties for the remainder of the year.

Make me offers, Serious inquiries only.

8. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I know a couple guys that are downsizing also right now and one LCO thinking about selling his entire operation. If I run into someone who might be interested in those yards I will PM you. Being those yards are on the same street should make them attractive to someone.

9. Pressedun

What's the reason for downsizing if you mind me asking? That's a bit far outta the city, good luck!

10. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly, I have more work at this point than can be done in a weeks time, even working Saturdays. With the weather the way its been, what was a very tight schedule time wise to begin with has become a nightmare.

I am also considering selling my company very soon. Ive been at this a long time, and frankly this year is just eating me up.