Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya about alot of work it seems like every where I go whether it be an estimate or just mowing a house I have done for 4 years 1,2,or 3 nieghbors are stopping asking for estimates. I have had alot of estimates for overgrown lawns also since people put them off for 2-3 weeks and all that rain the are horrible. haven't got many of them though because I bid them high they are a pain and tough on mowers

Hey TIM
    I saw the other MMC crew with the Chevy and enclosed in Kennedy yesterday about 330. I swung back though the plan when I saw 2 guys and saw the truck and 3 more guys mowing but knew it wasnt you.

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya man, that rain made it absolutely unbearable for a lot of people... getting pressure from clients to get things done and trying to find the time to do it.

3. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Oh absolutely man, I get about 3-5 phone calls a day about lawn estimates... if it's a landscaping estimate, I try to nab those - definitely make more doing that stuff.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Two 11-12 hour days, mowing dry grass. Who would have thought it could happen?

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear ya. I went 8 to 6 yesterday and today. It was nice to be able to actually get a clean cut on the grass again.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Dang man, I rolled into that plan to give them a hand about 415. My route is the Crafton and Robinson CVS and a smaller HOA by the 60/79 interchange. I'll help the other crews out though if I get done early.

7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have been receiving more work than I ever have in the past. Mainly a few small mulch jobs and new mowings but I am going to look at a large job for my commercial account today. Also I may luck out and get 2 storage facilitys maintaince contracts (mowing and plowing). I am definitely not complaining about all of the work though! People are starting to spend money again which is fine by me!

8. deere615

Dang! Is that how you guys basically work each day all in one area doing commercials and HOA's that way if one crew gets behind or equipment breaks the other one or 2 can help out?

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Most days we try to stay pretty close for those reasons, yeah.

10. deere615

Anybody catch the storm today? We got spit on with rain early this evening today for about 10min. It was a nice day I still mowed for 11hrs though