Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

We got a heavy shower about 4:30. It lasted about 15 minutes, then all cleared, the sun was bright, and things dried off quickly.

I think this is the first time all season that I have finished Thursday's schedule by end-of-day on Thursday. Every week since first week of April has had one full day washout. This week looks to be an exception.

I have a light schedule both Friday and Saturday for a change. Productivity has been great the last seven working days -- Thu, Fri and Sat last week, then Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur this week. This is clear the best productivity for 2011 season.

Now, I've just got to learn to keep hydrated with the upper-80s for next week ....

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Shorter days this week...only 12 hour days instead of 14...hopefully they start to stay steady about 10 hour days.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Can anybody take care of a tree replacement for me in Mars? Obviously I'd pay whatever needs to be paid, but it needs to be done quickly. I don't have the time to get to a nursery during normal hours.

I need a 2.5"-3" Cleveland pear to replace a 2.75" dead Aristocrat Pear.

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Guess no one wants it Tim? I would do it but I am so busy and dont go that far really Do you think home depot or something would have any and you could do it real quick on a sunday or something?

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not buying a 16' ornamental pear tree from Home Depot. I can't do it myself because the ball weighs probably close to 500 pounds. Plus I have to remove the dead 16' tree and root ball.

I need a supplier with a full warranty and high-end plant knowledge.

Sorry if I sound crass, just a bad day :waving:

I think Travis and I are going to work something out.

6. deere615

haha no I hear ya it was hot ya I didnt know how big you need hopefully you get it done

7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

We'll get it done man just a matter of finding a place to get the new tree...

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Have you ever used shemens (sp)? They usually have a good amount of large trees! I would offer to try and work something out but I just dont have the time or resources! Sorry Tim!

9. deere615

Yes its Shemins they are over by me right by where you mow near 79 Tim they have all the big stuff

10. Rake 'n Bake

Rake 'n Bake LawnSite Member

Not sure if this Pear tree is done but Shemins has a constant sale on 2-2 1/2" Bradfords for $95. Been that price for a couple of years now. I'm sure you could find one out of the large bunch they have that is every bit of 2 1/2". Not a bad price considering most of their stuff is kind of pricey.