Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday I got a call from a local dealer asking if about my business and wanting to see if I was interested in purchasing a new exmark. He said they would meet me in the area for me to demo one. I have never been to this dealer and I have no clue how he got my number but I liked that he called and was interested. I might have to check them out next time I am in the market instead of going to the place I go now (they can be sour at times). Have any of you guys had this happen to you?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Rake 'n Bake

Rake 'n Bake LawnSite Member

We had Ritenouer's show up at a job site one time and show us how well a dingo works. He offered to spread out some limestone for us. By the time he was done destroying the pile of stone he quietly loaded up and left. It was pretty funny.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Mike, I saw you on Pittsburgh Street Wednesday morning about 915. I was finishing up the big St. Johns field when I saw your truck drive by.

4. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Ya Tim saw you down at st johns and saw you there again today gave you a wave
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That wasn't me actually today. I was down Camp Horne way. We do a campus for the mentally handicapped down there. We edged and prepped for mulch.

I'll be cutting St. Johns again this Wednesday though.

6. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Today I was trimming some bushes and cut a cable wire that wasn't tied up and was buried in a bush. The customer called comcast and they will fix it. Have any of you guys done this and do you know who will have to pay if anyone?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny you mentioned that I just cut one last week. I usually charge the lady 50 bucks to trim a few hedges and I hit a wire so I did not charge her for the job although she told me the cable company did not charge her
    I felt bad. So I did not charge.

8. Greenlandscaping

Greenlandscaping LawnSite Member

Im Cullen i work in the north hills im based in Hampton.

9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't cut a cable TV line before but I've nipped an invisible dog fence many many times... in fact I cut the same one 3 times when I was edging today because the owner failed to mention they had one...

I just splice them back together, wire nut and electrical tape although that wouldn't be as easy with a cable TV line.

10. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I live in Richland and do some work in Hampton, I'm Travis!