Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

4 years ago I got a cable it was close to the box so I was able to splice the head back on. Then 3 years ago I got a phone line with the long reach trimmers the lady had some sort of full coverage plan and the came that day and fixed it for her no charge

2. Rake 'n Bake

Rake 'n Bake LawnSite Member

So, has anyone ever had an employee set a pair of hedge trimmers or anything RIGHT BEHIND THE FRONT TIRE and then walk away? I was loading mulch, on the driver's side of the truck. I finish and go to pull over to the shed when I hear a crunch.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised. Normally when I tell him I have to load mulch he still tries to load up tools before I can even get the first bucket of mulch into the truck.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen a few lunch boxes get housed that way. Set them under the truck for the shade, then somebody moves the truck...crunch..

4. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

i spread mulch 2 days in a row. I worked from 10-5 yesterday and didn't even stop for lunch of anything. driving to butler was nice when you're dehydrated and dizzy as hell lol

5. deere615

I have yet to do that but my uncle who did lawn care in the early 90s used to set the trimmers right in front of the truck and he ran over quite a few

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

The rains of the past week, albeit not much in terms of inches, has sure helped with the grass growth this week. We were spared many of the big storms, but got a little here, a little there. It has helped to keep the turf growing and green -- much better than two weeks ago.

Thursday and Friday do not have good forecasts. I'll take the overnight rain, with hot, humid days. Despite having three days this week of "rain showers at any time," I've not lost any time due to rain. I'm doubting that we can make it two more days, though.

7. deere615

agreed I like the overnight rain I can afford rain in the days work is still pouring in here

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

How's everybody doing...enjoying the fried lawns?

9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Great day to be out mowing. The low humidity makes it very comfortable to be out working. I think some homeowners are sick of mowing already. I just picked up two new accounts this week. One was travelling too much to get the mowing done and the other guy was burned out and selling his mower.

10. deere615

Mine are not to bad some are dry but not like last year others are still growing well. I have had some calls for new lawns but turned down most of them