1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I found most of my properties to be growing pretty well. The small rains last week really helped keep them going.

Yes, today was another great work day. I'm not sure of high temp, but the humidity cleared out pretty well, good breeze, sunshine, ... almost makes it hard to remember all the really bad days of May!

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

This whole week in general has been nice, I wish it was like this all season!

3. Rake 'n Bake

Rake 'n Bake LawnSite Member

I posted a note of caution from my phone yesterday morning but it didn't seem to work. Did no one else get caught in the commercial vehicle enforcement going on from Mccandless to Cranberry? I thought I had snuck around it when I noticed another police car behind me. And there go the lights.

It's unreal. Now they want the front end loader of a tractor chained down. It can't swing sided to side, it can't go up on it's own and, unlike a bobcat bucket, it's actually attached to the tractor.

Anyway, it sounds like there will be checkpoints moving from area to area for about a month. Best of luck.

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

They are always by me but I got stopped before by just a cop for not having the mowers strapped down

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

This has been a nice week! I took a few days off earlier in the week and now I am back at it. Most of my yards are fried though. Some customers I have do fertilize a lot and only a select few water. It seems any yard in direct sunlight is burnt out but anywhere there is some shade cover the grass is growing nicely. I would not complain about a day or two of rain
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I hear you...my crew cut 2 places this week where you literally couldn't tell what had been cut over 90% of the place. Every pass where the sun wasn't at my back, I had to get down and squint to see what had been "cut"

7. coopmaster

coopmaster LawnSite Member

Yes, we need some rain. Fortunately now is the time of year when a lot of customers need bushes/hedges trimmed. Got myself an Echo PAS with the rotating 18" trimmer head and a 3 foot extension. Dang thing is heavy but cuts real nice.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, those extended clippers are great, but they get old after a while.

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, FREE! We like FREE in our household.

Somebody "gave" me this older model LawnBoy several years ago, thinking that "surely you can use another mower." I was left with no choice. It has been sitting, but now, the time has come to dispose.

Here are the pics. I can't say much the pics don't say. All I ask is that you come to pick it up. I'm not taking, or shipping anywhere. I know some people are enamored by old LB mowers, so this may have appeal to the collector. It clearly is not a machine to put on your trailer every day.

I'm not far off I-79, near Southpointe interchange.

Tuesday is trash day (well, this week it will be pushed back because of the holiday. So, Wednesday ...

P1250306.jpg

P1250307.jpg

P1250308.jpg

P1250309.jpg

10. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Is anyone interested in a yard lead in the Carnegie area? I don't know any details on it because when I call I want to tell her I didn t do any in that area but I know someone who might?
    Posted via Mobile Device