Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bmac32

bmac32 LawnSite Member

not to much we have been getting to may 100ish degree days lately so our grass isnt growing that well :hammerhead::hammerhead: but i have been getting tons of jobs :weightlifter:

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

This rain sure has helped! All of my yards have had the most growth since early june. We have almost had our normal mowing schedule for the past 2 weeks. also I think there are a ton of bees in our area. I got stung for the 4th time this year today. I hate being stung because I swell up! Mowing tomorrow should be fun!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

McG... where are you? In my area, we are nearly depleted for mowing work. Two days this week, we did NO mowing, both usually full days. We've had no rain since a week ago Monday, and it came hard and fast, with lots of runoff.

The mowing season has turned into disaster!

4. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I am in the north hills. It rained last thursday and a bit friday then one night over the weekend if I recall and it rained almost all day on wednesday. We have 26 normally and for about a month we were doing 12 if we were lucky. Now its back in. The 20s
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

speaking of bees... got stung 5 times today, for being nice and cutting over the property line. Also the lawnboy is running (not right)

6. Greenlandscaping

Greenlandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys for those of you that do not know me i am Cullen. I just turned 13 and i am loving every minute of this job. Im based in hampton and work the 15101 area. I have been doing it for 3 years now. Im getting bigger ever year and need to get a few things such as a landscaping license. It will be put in under my dads name. I do all landscaping work not just grass so i thought i would need a license soon. Please tell me if there are different types, where i get one, and a estimate for the price of one. Thanks guys i love reading this pittsburgh thread. Please any help would be great. :)

7. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

Cullen you in the middle school? I'll be a senior in the HS this year

8. bmac32

bmac32 LawnSite Member

hey guy i thought I'd ask y'all a question
    what do you think about the Craftsmen 19.2 volt hedge trimmer? I picked it up because it was cheaper then a gas one and it runs off if my drill battery. Plus I do not do much trimming anyway so I figured what the heck. so far i like it a lot

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I had black and decker battery ones a long time ago when I first started, the next season I got real echo gas ones not craftsman poulon homelite etc, the commercial ones have way bigger teeth and man they are so much nicer, faster and you don;t have to worry about a cord or runnign out of battery I use my hedge trimmers for alot of other stuff besides hedges IE- cutting back perennials cleanup jobs etc

10. jonny01blaze

jonny01blaze LawnSite Member

I'll agree, the bees have been plentiful this year!!

How's everyone handling the afterwrath of Lee?? I mowed two yards today lol