1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Hmm not the responses I was hoping for....I am switching to standers I have a grandstand now but after seeing a v ride in action I am planning on getting rid of both machines for v rides
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

So did you see the V-Rides in action on hills? I'm interested in their performance...might try to convince the boss to switch to 60" stand on units instead of zero turns.

3. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Slight incline... on the yard next to one I was cutting... the thing that really impressed me was its speed backwards.. the guy was going faster backwards then I could forward... and laying nice stripes... extremely useful next tomulch beds when side discharging
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Very cold and wet one out there today guys! I had to break out the carharrt!!

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I know. It was quite dreary out!

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, very cold this morning sitting on a Zero Turn. I do love this weather though.

7. McG_Landscaping

I ended up push mowing a yard because I didnt want to tear it up with the snapper. Good thing I had some extra time. I am ready for snow to fly as soon as I get my salter installed and my new plow blade installed.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, we've been push mowing and whip whapping acres of grass because it's too saturated but still growing.

9. McG_Landscaping

I have a few that I only push mow because the customers would prefer that. Luckily theyre small yards so I dont mind

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Definitely a wet fall thats for sure 3 weeks ago I had people asking when I was going to be done mowing for the year??? I already had 2 this week that said this will be the last cut of the season.