Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

well boys i definitely want to be plowing/salting next year my ranger slid halfway down my driveway when i attempted it yesterday. Saw some typical ford sights, a j hook tow chain and a chevy tailgate :laugh:

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Penguin Tickets for sale for tonights game. ROW B. On the glass. 4 seats. 412-527-5196

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I know this winter wasn't very good, but was anybody able to do any landscape work?

We do erosion control all year, so we always have work, which is nice. We've started edging and spring cleanups in the last couple weeks on the nice days, so it's nice to be out working again.

4. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

ive got a downed tree removal to do this weekend

5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I did a small job end of January Did one this week, got a small tree job tomorrow, and 2 jobs lined up next week. Spring seems to be rolling in early for me, I am not complaining I still got snow checks rolling in to!

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Howdy neighbors.

As a fellow lawn care guy from Pittsburgh, I thought I'd step in and say hello.

I'm located in the east side of town and this will be my second season. Technically my third, but the first was spent working mainly as a "handyman" subcontractor for some real estate buyers. I cut ties with them as it wasn't what I wanted to focus on.

I am a one man operation - still struggling, but hanging in there.

Can't wait to get the mower fired up again! It shouldn't be long now.

7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Spring will hopefully come early, itching to get out there and get to work!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Just picked up my first commercial mower. :)

Ferris 36" Comfort Control DD hydro...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bring on the grass!

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I just ran my fingers over one of these a couple of days ago. If I was in the market for a new 36" hydro mower, this one would be near the top to consider. I liked what I saw.

Let us know your experiences with this mower.

Where did you buy?

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What's the word on the street for a target date for first mowing for 2012 in SW PA?

I always look to the last day of March, or April 1. I've seen many seasons come and go, and the start date usually doesn't change much. But, I'm seeing things come to life this past week. I sense that we may be a few days early this season.

What do others think?