1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

That's where Scotty B lives!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Long Road. Yup! I waved when you beeped!

The funny thing is that when you mentioned looking for me when you're out this way, I thought "Well, I rarely work in Penn Hills, so chances are really slim".

I thought I recognized the name on the truck when you beeped and had to laugh at the irony.
    I was doing the season's first cut there. I picked it up midway through last season. Couldn't recall where the "holes" were, so I used my 21" Toro rather than banging my brand new Ferris around.

Speaking of the Ferris. Today is one of my "city" days, so I didn't have my trailer. I started in Edgewood, then Squirrel Hill, and headed back this way for two more cuts near home.

Did you recognize my truck from one of my dozens of photos I post? :D
  3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I did. I actually saw you when i was coming back from the nursery and i did a double take. I was going to stop but i wasnt sure if it was you or not
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. OakNut

BTW, I'm currently working on vinyl lettering for the truck.
    That should that the guesswork out of it.

I was in FastSigns in Monroeville the other day, but it doesn't look promising. I found a color in the sample book to match my truck color, but it didn't sound like he was too interested in ordering a roll of that color just for me and kept pushing a "silver" that is "close".
    I'm about to order the stuff online and apply it myself.
  5. McG_Landscaping

Theres a place in the north hills i was going to check out (printworx) or i was going to see where brad bosetti got his done (deere615). He said he liked his graphics guy. I want to get both trucks lettered sooner rather than later
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. OakNut

I'm open to suggestions. I'm not made of money, but I'm willing to pay for quality and service. I told the guy at FastSigns that if he can get me that color, I'd be getting all of my lettering from them. Haven't heard back from him.

I tried the place on Rodi Road in Penn Hills, as I like to support the local guy, but I was less than impressed with his attitude. Getting answers to simple questions was like pulling teeth. I got the impression that he'd prefer not dealing with "a guy with just one truck".
  7. McG_Landscaping

I want to have someone do both of my trucks. the guy I use for shirts and hoodies said he can do it but I dont know how the quality of his truck lettering would be. Hes great for shirts but I dont think I want him doing my graphics
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

guys got my lettering done at quicksigns in coraopolis, their service and work is A++ and prices are more than fair. they make any of my signs stickers lettering etc. Scott who is your shirt guy? I am no longer going to mine, he left me hanging and jerked jpeglawnmaintenance around too. Tried 2 different places and didnt like them think I found a good one going to meet them tomorrow before class
  9. McG_Landscaping

Its rockitink.com. hes located out on route 8. Nice guy and shirts have been quality
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic