Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone looking for a yard in Highland park on Stanton Ave. Only takes about 10 minutes. Hate driving all the why down their for such a small yard. Thought if someone was already in the area would be a great little stop.

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

scott I will take it. just pm me the details. fits perfect on my way to squirrel hill. I will be around on sunday if you were available to show me it

3. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

I'll be here.

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

If you're not interested, I may be. I have a biweekly I do on Stanton Ave. (next Wednesday is my next cut)

Hi Scott. Apparently we're neighbors, so to speak. Small world.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

How did everybody fare today? This was the first real "Spring" weather work day. I got rained out about 4:00 p.m. yesterday, so had a couple extra to pick up today.

The early morning was clear and bright here - very heavy dew, but full sunshine. By 10 a.m., the heavy overcast moved it, gusty winds, and the rest of the day was cold, cold, cold. Despite having two shirts, insulated vest, and three sweatshirts, I got cold. By 6:00, I found a pair of coveralls in my truck I keep for cold days in the Fall. I'm glad I had them for the last job.

It was a much better day for walking than riding. Thirty minutes on the ZTR on days like today, and I need somebody to pry me out of the seat -stiff as a board.

I quit about 7:15, still one job short of where I wanted to finish for catch-up. I hope for a full day tomorrow to get fully back to schedule.

The lack of moisture the past two weeks, and the cold days have kept the growth rates down.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'm glad to be cutting low-growth spring grass. Looks nice, but doesn't clog up.

7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

i just hope we keep mowing. i need it to get warm again or some people are going to want me to start skipping weeks

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. I do have one property that is a problem. I mowed there this afternoon - always Tuesday afternoons. It is a very heavy growing turf, and this Spring is no exception. Last Tuesday, a short shower came across right after I was finished. The clippings did not have any opportunity to dry out before the shower. Today, those clippings were still there, and I added more. I need to return in the next couple of days and bag it off. It looks terrible, with lots of little green wads, and dried clippings from last week. It is about 3/4 Acre, with most in a front yard around a bend in the street. Every year, this one gives me fits, and I question my sanity why I return the next year (been working it for about 15 years).

But, for the most part, most are being managed better than usual.

9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to see the grass has slowed with the growth, has been great for me... Been able to crank out the landscaping jobs!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Look forward to mowing in the snow tomorrow morning. :laugh: