Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm waiting to be stopped. The third brake light on my truck cap only has a few LEDs left. Yeah, the "never need to replace a bulb" LEDs are burning out. $70 to replace it. Ugh.

On that note, I just replaced my crappy incandescent trailer lights with (cheapo) Harbor Freight LED lights and they are SO much more visible.

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

they most likely wouldnt pull you over for leds out on your cap. my trailer lights work intermittently and i have a few markers out but usually the brake lights and turn signals work. after i bill out this month the trailer needs some massive work. maybe ill paint it green

3. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife seen an LCO pulled over in mars today. Probably a legit company they were bothering. Meanwhile on my way home I get behind a redneck hauling a trailer with no lights and nothing strapped down. I check the lights on my trailer every morning and keep spare bulbs with me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

lawnking, that was me. second time i had been pulled over there in 6 months. theres a kid younger than me on the force (about 21-22) who is looking to make a name for himself it seems. the biggest thing I hate about being pulled over there, everyone sees me with my signs right in the heart of my service area. pressedun, they do not care about two straps, if you have one that is adequately rated to hold your equipment, you'll be fine. I only had one on both my machines and the cop said i was fine.

5. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

and to circumvent it from happening again, i went out and bought a new trailer out of frustration.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry I sold my trailer Matt, I wish it would have gone to you instead.

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

And my Matt, I mean Mike. I work with like 5 Matts...I just call everybody Matt now

8. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Whew that stinks but congrats on the new trailer! I had a Hampton PO behind me the other day and I know my trailer lights are a little screwy (all lights come on when I brake) but he didn't seem interested in me. Dodged that one!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

its alright Tim, I was just having one of those days, figured I would check with you but then I noticed it was not in your signature anymore so I figured you had