Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Might of seen the biggest lawn cutting truck in town today. Four Z riders and a walk behind.

2. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I seen a guy pulled over by northern regional. He was hauling a trailer full of brush. It was hanging over the sides with a couple of straps holding it down. It is a shame you have to be bothered in the town you reside in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

My trailer lights work when hooked to my dads truck bit work occasionally on mine they don't bother me though thankfully
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Holy crap, did anyone else think they forgot to mow last Monday?

The grass grew FAST this past week. My first job of the day today had me seriously questioning if I somehow forgot him last week. I didn't, but the grass looked like I did. Wow.
    Had to bag it this time. Next several jobs were much the same.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Likewise, ..

Finally, some moisture and some warmer days, the Spring growth spurt has arrived. However, the 2012 season is so dramatically different than 2011 for early Spring work. In April, we had little moisture, and when the temperatures were hovering at 45 degrees, the growth was enough to justify a visit, but not unmanageable. Last season, my mowers came home looking like I spent the day in the swamps. This year, not at all.

We have another month to run before starting the Summer slow-down. We can still get hit with some major growth to manage, but the time period will not be nearly as long as 2011.

All my opinion, with a few observations thrown in ...

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I agree Roger...April was a very easy month to mow....it's getting tougher now. Supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow....gonna be a long day tomorrow I presume

7. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Not many days where I don't even try to get out. Today was one of them, all equipment stayed in the garage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Don't give up on the day yet. The rain may clear out about noon, and we may be able to get out in early afternoon.

[I'm not a meteorologist, but just play one on the side]

9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like should be able to cut this afternoon.

10. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

future cast is showing it picking up pretty good around 1 and continuing through the day