1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Whoever is interested call me tomorrow I'll give the contact info... I know nothing about the properties he was referred to me and they are not exactly in my typical service area 7243163611. All I know is the one guy owns both and I think squirrel hill is a rental of his
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

thanks for the call planet I ended up not being able to do it its actually in mcdonald not robinson and is too far for me also. I called him back tho and told him I couldnt do it
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Can we have a full season of work days like today, please?
  4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Great day and week for that matter. Except for today at around 3 pm when a bolt broke off on the Grandstand. It was a bolt that connected the left hydro lever to the pump. It took a half hour just to get it back on the trailer. I then had to use a pushmower to finish about an acre of mowing. Then I had to go back home and grab my ferris wb so I could mow 2 more yards. Got home around 8. Looks like I will be heading to the dealer today. Hope they can get the part in quickly. If not I will have a very long week coming up, using my ferris wb. It is a great and reliable mower and built like a tank. It is far to slow to accomplish what I need to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. planetlc

planetlc LawnSite Member

Lawnking... did you get that fixed? What bolt was it? I had one break last week on mine, it took about thirty minutes to fix myself. If it's the same bolt hopefully it didn't cost you an arm and a leg
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Grass is drying up, especially on the properties that have been over-Nitrogen fertilized.

Just like every year.

You think people would think to themselves...we're spraying all this nitrogen, but the grass is unhealthy in the summer. Oh well, we'll try again next year :hammerhead:
  7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Conditions have changed significantly in the past week. We need some rain soon, if we are going to get a good start to the Summer season of growth. If not, the dwindling growth rates we see now will make for some hard times sooner than expected.

Yes, to the fertilizing pattern. The undergrowth is turning brown/yellow in those that had high N. Cutting at Summer heights still make the mowing look like 'you are scalping.'
  8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

^^^ That explains it.
    Yesterday, I was thinking "dang, this lawn has never looked this "sick" before."

I'm betting the homeowner applied something.
  9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

It was a small ball joint that I needed. The screw part sheared right off where it connects to the control lever. It was 12 bucks. I got 2 extra ones just in case. When you put a new one on, you can't tighten it to hard or you will break it. This mower has so many parts and everything is jammed into a small space. I downloaded the part diagrams to my phone, for quick reference.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic