1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

hopefully the rain yesterday, the rain today, and the rain tomorrow and next week will get this grass growing again! we shall see
  2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Oh boy, you can not win at this line of work. You pray for rain weeks on end then when it does rain you get behind on the scheduled work! UHG! :laugh:

OH, BTW the Stihl 90 four mix trimmer I got a little over a year ago is awsome. Pretty much reinvented the wheel on that trimmer. I think they forgot however that even if it is wet we still need it to start. Figure when I see the rain a comming rool up the windows in the truck then find a cover for the four mix an problem solved. :clapping:
  3. McG_Landscaping

yeah ill take it though! hopefully grass takes off like crazy and we can bill out all 5 weeks worth of mowing in august!! payup
  4. Bumpmaster

That is always a possibility, just hoping to get six cutting in between August one thru October one. Should make the winter a little more comfortable. Think I only averaged about 2.5 last month an probably about 2 this Month.
  5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw you post about the rain thing before, but thought you were being sarcastic/joking.

I keep mine in my truck bed out of the elements (cap), BUT the seal is bad and it leaks on the top edge of the back window. Water drips onto the spot where my trimmer sits and when that happens, I have had difficulty getting it to run. It takes more pulls to start and then it bogs down a little for a while before it again starts running normally.

Odd that more complaints aren't posted considering how many people use them.
  6. McG_Landscaping

have any of you noticed people who pay with PNC where PNC actually mails you the check are unusually late this month? I have 4 and I havn't received one pnc check yet :confused:
  7. Bumpmaster

Yep sounds exactly like mine if you get it before it gets too wet. Otherwise if a good downpour gets it it is dun for the day.
  8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Well, we didn't get enough rain to do much good. Two weather stations near my house show 0.12 and 0.18 respectively. Also, we didn't get enough Sunday to hardly wet the driveway. In other words, the week hasn't brought much needed relief.

Obviously, location has been very important. This evening's news report said that 'Pittsburgh' got 1.2" rain today alone, and more than 2.0" recently. That is so much more than we have received.

Yea, I too got rained out. I had to skip part of my mowing route, and had most of the afternoon to complete a bush trim job. I got started, and after 30 minutes, was getting wet and hearing/seeing lightning/thunder. I was disappointed because I planned to get this small job "in and out" today. Tomorrow is already a full schedule, hoping I can have Saturday to get to the Vintage Grand Prix. I've never been there, and thought with the light work load recently, I could manage it this year. Some storms are in the forecast for Friday, and if that happens, so much for the Grand Prix 2012.
  9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

We have definitely had a lot of rain up this way, North Park area. Excited to see somewhat green grass again!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Might get a full week of mowing in next week!