Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Unless something significant happens soon, "full week" in only a dream for me. I expect about a half schedule again next week, less this week.
  2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, hard to say...I'm sure the tall fescue lawns will need cut at any rate. Some of the bluegrass lawns with bad soil are pretty crispy
  3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah lawns went from an extreme light brown to a light brown with a slight hint of green here we have been able to get all our mowing done the past 2 days then downpour the rest of the afternoon, looking like tomorrow we will be playing in the mud getting ready to build a railroad tie wall
  4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Back in the game, thanks to the rain. 23 yards in 2 days. More to do tomorrow. This will help my billing for July.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

This rain is tremendous. If we keep getting 1-2 rainy days a week August will be good. Ive already cut 30 of my yards this week and would have cut more if we wouldn't have gotten rained out last night. Next week i am hoping to cut all of them. The only bad part is today is going to be quite swampy
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I am seeing a big variation on growth patterns after the rain. In some cases, large areas just have not responded much at all. Yes, a few bunches here and there, but many areas that are still brown.

On the other hand, I have seen several that have come back very, very well. I mowed one yesterday -- had to bag the clippings. The growth was just like April or May.

In our area, we had nearly an inch again yesterday (between a 4:00 a.m. T-storm and the late afternoon and evening T-storms). This will help soak a very dry and parched soil of 10 days ago.

I am optimistic for a full schedule next week.
  7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Probably a full schedule for us next week...which is fine for me. We're about 2 guys understaffed, so it'll be nice to rack up the overtime. Plus I enjoy cutting green grass.
  8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

If this keeps up I may actually pull the walk behind out of the garage for a change.

I was hesitant to use it on some lawns until they looked healthy enough again - I just used the 21" instead.
  9. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If your careful it will be fine. I never stop using mine
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like we are out of the drought, tough to find brown grass again.