Western PA Landscapers!

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by 93Chevy, Feb 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Things are looking up! Yesterday, I had to double cut one lawn, at least a piece of it. Today, I was out over 11 hours, the first time in many weeks. It was a good, productive day, without any problems, and lots of grass to cut.

Part of the last job today needed bagging, and I see two scheduled for the morning that will also need partially bagged.

Need more rain to keep it going, though. A dry August will leave us with poor start to the Fall season.

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Absolutely.

I cut a bunch of biweeklies over the last two days and it looked like spring growth.

Still a lot of damaged lawns though.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Now that mowing schedules are back at full-throttle, why is this time for people to start asking for odd jobs to be done? Two, three weeks ago, ... home early every day, lot of extra time. Now, full-bore with mowing, and "Roger, ... when you have some time, could you ....?" None of these jobs are time-dependent, and could have been done when mowing was slack.

Grrrrr...

4. OakNut

You must be my evil twin.

Same crap here.

5. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe we are that far away from eachother but I have only skipped 2 lawns during this "drought". Maybe a total of 4 cutting skipped. None of my lawns have turned brown either, suprisingly lawns that were brown in past years were not this year. I am 25 minutes from oak nut. Maybe the storms just hit the right places. NOt to mention a majority of my lawns are not fertilized.

6. OakNut

Not much brown any more. Green every week.

Speaking of green. I hope to be getting more of it as a result of my freshly installed vinyl lettering...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got hosed around by a few local sign places, so said screw it, and I ordered it online and installed it myself today. (Sun)

Feels good to finally have it done. I'm going to do the side windows too - I just wanted to be sure the color I chose was a good match before plunking down more money.

7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good oaknut! You should have checked out quick signs. They were great
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I lost lots of work in July, only billed out about half of what I should have billed out. The last two weeks have had a few skips, so certainly far from a full schedule again. Unless we get some new rain soon, this week will also have more skips.

I am glad to know you have survived this period well. Some of us have not do well at al.

9. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ive been almost back at full schedule. Only skipped one last week (vacant house). Weve been getting rain at least once a week up here. These little storms keep hitting us. Not the same as july at all
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I am pretty much back to a full schedule, been so for the last 2 weeks. July was brutal for billing. Checks are coming in now and are half of what I usually get. There are five Thursdays and Wednesdays in august, which is when I mow a lot of yards. I am really pushing for 5 mows this month.
    Posted via Mobile Device