1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wet Boots (LOL)

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Oct 28, 2005.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I know this will be potporri and everyone will have their favorites but what kind of boots/shoes does eveyone wear?

I always wear Red Wings: $225 a pair, low Vibram cleat, waterproof inner liner (used to be Goretex but now they're using something different), high top and take them into dealer every two months for re-oiling. Usually last me two years and then purchase another pair.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I rotate many pairs of (wet) boots, saving the Timberlands for the coldest days. K-mart sometimes has acceptable boots, if I don't care about waterproof. Even those imitations of the L. L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoes get worn sometimes.
  3. PurpHaze

WB... You do know it's Friday evening. Wonder if our Georgia friend will show up again in his loafers and sweat pants?
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Gee, I hope not. As much as I like smacking the occasional troll, it can get real old real fast.
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My last pair was Carolina's...they lasted about 8 months, not bad for what I put them through.

I'm wearing wolverines this time, not as impressed.
  6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Justin 8" lacers from either cavenders or sheplers, they look damn fine with a pair of wranglers thrown in the mix
  7. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

You workin' or stylin'?? LOL
  8. PurpHaze

Very well dressed indeed. Must be a chief and not one of the Indians. :p
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Georgia friend? Who is that? To answer your question I wear k-mart or wal-mart boots, dont want to ruin my south Georgia reputation of living in wal-mart style:D They run around 25 bucks and last me about a year and no they aint water proof, absorb it water like tissue paper, expecially early in the morning when the grass is wet.
  10. PurpHaze

Not you unless you've changed your name. You'll have to see the lengthy thread or search for "stagnant pressure." :D