wet clippings on sidewalk

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jacob land and, May 2, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

i cut in the rain all morning no problem but how do you get the grass off of the sidewalks, flowerbeds, etc... my blower wouldnt move the clippings because they were all wet? do you just leave them and get them next week?
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Not trying to be a smartace or anything, but if your blower will not move wet clippings, you need a better blower.

Do you mean wet clippings that had dried on the sidewalks?:confused:
  3. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

yea your prolly right
  4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Were you using a straw? lol j/k.
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats why i try to not mow when its raining.. It takes a lot of time to clean up the wet nasty grass from driveways and sidewalks. You can blow most of it off but there is still some that you have to fight with to make it look decent.
  6. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I think that he means wet clippings that were probably mashed down into the concrete with the lawnmower. This happens a lot. I try to blow as much as I can...you can sweep and get more, but I don't.
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe one of those powerbrooms if you cut in the rain alot may be a good investment.
  8. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Definately need a better blower it seems.
  9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Or don't cut in the rain.They also have this thing and it has a wooden handle and these bristles that are attached to the end of it...It's called a broom ...you could try that.
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"we are not responsible for acts of god". RAIN, is an act of god. so, are the clippings stuck to the sidewalk.