Wet grass help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Diddy, May 5, 2011.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any lawns small enough to use a push mower, even if i did i woulden't wanna use one, I own a Honda push mower and use it for maybe 10 minutes a week at one account that has a fenced in pool with alittle grass in there.
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Push mower? I was bumming out today because I lost a pin on my sulky and had to actually walk behind my walk behind. Other than hopping off now and then on slopes I can't remember the last time I did that. It was kind of funny because I kept wanting to hop on but there was nothing to hop onto, lol. I walk pretty fast but it still slowed me down a good bit. I ended up using the Z on a couple of lawns that I'd usually use the WB on.

Since I've gotten kind of off topic, let me add that when it's wet I use the walk behind almost exclusively, largerly because it's so much easier to clean the deck, but also to tread more lightly on the turf. It's a 48 inch Turf Tracer.
  3. PL&L

PL&L LawnSite Member

exmark does a fantastic job with wet grass, get a mulching kit installed though def worth the money (like $400 extra)
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member