wet lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aussiemow, Jul 10, 2003.

1. aussiemow

aussiemow LawnSite Member

Nelbuts, you must be desperate mowing wet lawns, go for the quality customers who expect a good job, pay well , and are understanding, don't let the tail wag the dog
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

NO clue what that was in response to, but.......

if we didn't mow wet yards around here, we wouldn't be mowing.
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:
  4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Man you have no idea what you are talking about.

I live right on the sub tropic line. It rains almost everyday as the inland temps clash with the gulf breeze. Our soil is SAND! For you down under that means it drains. And FYI I have left no tire marks or ruts. Most of the homes I do average from the mid $500,000.00 to over a million. I do condos, banks, Dr. offices and other commerecial properties. I get top dollar for everything I do. I have been doing this ffor 19 years and you have the never to tell me to get better clients. You sir need to get a life. I must stop now because your remarks have really p1ssed me off since you live so close and know exactly what we do and how we do it here. All I was doing in that post was replying to the rain issue and stating that we had, had over 21" in three days. And that some guys (not me) mowed the next day but I did mow the day after that. And guess what it RAINED! So lay off my lawns are just fine thank you very much.

Oh and I see that you have a whopping TWO posts. Good job there bucko maybe you should learn to walk before you run.
  5. aussiemow

:cool: I bow to your great and vast experience and thanks for the geography lesson. I actually live in a sand belt and we here prefer to think your part of the world is down under , its all a matter of how you look at things
  6. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

hey elephant whadda we get bout 65-70" a year?
  7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

We usually get about 65" unless we get a tropical storm.

A couple of weeks ago we had a stacker, or train as some call it.
    The storms were coming off the gulf one after another right at the same location.

You LA guys are right, we cut wet grass all the time. Have to. In fact just about the time the grass is dry it rains. This usually happens here from June to the end of October. Usually real dry Feb. through May.
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never lived in Florida but every time I'm vacationing there it seems like it rains everyday. So, what else you gonna do? You have to mow wet or in the rain. You have to realize that grass type, soil conditions and weather are different from region to region.:)
  9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Aussiemow, What is your climate like?
    In Louisiana, humidity usually very close to matching temperature in all but the cold season, that week or two a year it stays below 50.
    Temp and humidity from 80 to 100 avg. for 6 months or better for the year.
    When grass really does get dry here, first we have to figure out what it is, then we realize we're in deep bovine waste, and they're limiting our water usage.
    No in-betweens here.
    Rather play in the mud than in the sand.:)
  10. aussiemow

:cool: The temperature here from Sept to March varies from 70 to 100 and from April to August from 55 to 70, lot of drizzly days from April to August then storms from August thru November. We are nearly a subtropical climate. Nelbuts certainly did fire up , wish it was that easy when I go fishing.