Wet Weather Landscape Jobs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MWM, Mar 30, 2002.

1. MWM

MWM LawnSite Member

I have about 3 or 4 grading / seeding or sodding jobs that have been hanging around since the end of last year. They will be good money makers when I can complete them but it seems as soon as it dries up for a day or two we get wet enough to keep it wet for 7 - 10 days. These jobs will take at least 3 days each to complete. We will not be hauling in any additional soil for these jobs so just delivering dry soil is not the answer. Anybody have an ace their sleeve? And another thing: Who keeps dry soil at their shop and how do you store it and keep it dry. Pictures anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

2. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

If you keep a pile of soil big enough you can just keep digging into it until you hit the dry soil. Just pile the wet soil beside until it drys out. Don't handle the wet stuff anymore than once or it will turn into clods when you finaly get to use it

3. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the same boat(LOL). Can't get three days together. I have about 6 acres in 7 different yards to do. No secret, you just gotta wait, and hope your customer is smart enough and patient enough to understand. I used to keep about 10-12 yards of topsoil in an old dairy barn, but what a mess. If I know I need it, I'll store it, but not always.