We've been had Tommy... we've been had!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paponte, Apr 28, 2005.

1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Well came in this morning to one of the trailers being broke into last night. Suckers got us for 2 blowers and 2 weedwackers. I guess you just have to take it on the chin and be glad they didn't take everything. Invested in a cr@p load of the non cuttable locks, and surveillance system is being installed tomorrow. Guess it's just proof and a heads up that it can happen to anyone. I can say this is a first for me. Guess it was just my time. :realmad:
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear that Paul. It sucks and there's nothing you can do about it. Hopefully whoever it was will get what's coming to them.
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Paul,
    Rumor has it Rod has some slightly used stuff 4 sale cheap.

Again - sorry to hear that man. Like I was telling you earlier - anyone who steals a working man's tools is lower than low. I would personally l;ike to be placed in a room w/ them alone. Just remember, you can't get a life sentence for intent to mame. As long as you're not intending murder, you get off w/ a slap on the wrist. Only 1 person I know of ever got their stuff back. One of the local dealers around here is also an owner of a local LCO. A guy came into their dealership trying to sell him his stolen equipment. He went "to look up a blue book quote" (while actually calling the police). The theif got spooked and took off, but didn't realize that a nearby news crew caught his vehicle & license plate on film. The guy got 3-5 in jail.
  4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Still trying to get over the fact that the trailer that is hitched to my truck is not the same one that was there two weeks ago and the equipment isn't the same either. And everytime I look for that special tool that I had isn't there either when I need it. And the feeling in the gut hasn't gone away either.

I was thinking I need to rent space from another LCO here in town. He raises Great Danes and every night he lets about 8 or so out in his yard. The dogs would probably lick you to death, but the evil-doers don't know that. Plus they all start barking and raising a fuss when ever anyone comes close to the gate. Kind of intimidating when you see all those dogs standing lined up at the gate.

Talked to a friend in Dallas area today. Had a trailer stolen in Fort Worth off a property during the day. Was traveling in Dallas a couple months later and spotted his trailer. He followed the guy to a filling station, blocked the guy in and checked the VIN. Since it matched, he called the PD. When they showed up they found out that the truck was also stolen.

Sorry to hear it happened again to someone. Keep it as secure as you can. And the locks are only there to keep the honest fellow honest.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hearing stuff like this makes me sick. You need to borrow anything bud, you know just to holler...it's your's.
  6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Those mutha f-ers lick nads. Last year I had a hedge trimmer lifeted off my trailer right in the middle of the day while I was on a property. Kill kill kill. I do have extra blowers and am on LI if you need help, but I'm sure you've got it covered already. Is it tax dedecutable?!?!?!?! Killing someone that is.
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Heh, thanks for the offers guys. Were alright on equipment we have alot of spares. Just pisses the crap out of yah, thinking everything is locked in a secure yard and your ok. Bottom line is that if they want it... they'll get it.

I was curious why they didn't just clear out the whole trailer. I talked to one of the neighbors, and he actually saw the car. I guess he spooked them, cause the other two blowers were off the hooks and by the trailer door. That would have really sucked if they emptied the whole thing. Just form doing some investigating we have pretty much narrowed it down to a past employee with a drug problem. I guess the sucker sobered up a little and went into hiding. :angry:
  8. Cleanmaxx Brian

Cleanmaxx Brian LawnSite Member

I think most thefts are inside jobs :realmad:
    I hope you get back on your feet soon! As you said, it could have been worse...much worse ;)
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

No, no, no, I was driving one of my trucks...LOL
  10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Was any of the stuff marked, Paul? I've been approached before by guys selling stuff, I will keep my eyes open.