We've stopped moving trampolines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, May 26, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: usually when we come across a customer that has a trampoline we move it cut under it and move it back, even though i crumbles into a dozen pieces. recently a friend in the business recieved a law suit in the mail from a former customer for a few thousand dollars stating that the landscaper moved the trampoline and when it few apart it was'nt put back together properly and their son fell off and broke 2 fingers. after hearing this i put a letter in the mail to all cutomers with such equipt. that we will no longer be moving them and asked that they rotate their location from week to week. some customers were very understanding and some had the attitude like "now what am i supposed to do", i tell them to put some stone or mulch under it and problem solved, never amazes me enough how lazy some people are. also, a cutomer of mine is a insurance consultanat and he strongly agrees that the trampolines should be moved by the homeowner. tony

2. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry, but things like that should not be moved in the first place. A trampoline is a stationary object, like a swing set or sand box. We trim around it, that's it.

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: 2 man i agree, just thought that it looked crappy to mow a lawn have it look great and have grass 10 inches high under the object, tony

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We never move that kind of stuff, or picnic tables, lawn furn. etc. We will move a garden hose or a few toys, but thats it. :)

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

75 cents for a garden hose, (no, we don't roll it up). 75 cents for bicycles and/or two or more toys. $1.25 for lawn furniture (moved once, not put back). Dog toys and small children are still free.:)

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The largest that gets moved (actually tipped on end, mowed under, tipped the other way, mowed under) is a picnic table. I agree no trampolines swings etc get moved.

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Even though none of my customers have trampolines in the back yard this is a good point and one to always consider. Morons will sue over anything nowadays and you should always CYA.

8. What you don't charge $2 to move a kid??????

After spending 2 hours alone trying to get Ozzie Smiths (not one but) "2" trampolines put back together, I tell everyone not to move tham at all.

We don't move anything anymore.

We will trim around soccer, base ball, basket ball, le cross or whatever nets left in the lawn.

Leave them there. they know when you mow and if they wanted moved they would move it.

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Good post, very interesting. I move objects in the lawn as long as it's not too bad.

10. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I moved two this past week without thinking it could come apart. Thanks for sharing this info.