1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wha?? Measure, and quote a lawn from the net?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Jan 19, 2008.

1. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

Can you give the web site you are talking about i would like to check it out>

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

3. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

The really cool thing about it, is that its all real time. no human involvement in the server end, it pulls lawn size using microsoft virtual earth. anyone use THAT service?? is it identical to google earth?
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Zillow is the same type of thing. I was using that a few years ago before I started using google. It has about the same resolution and such that google has, including the problem with the missing areas. I am willing to bet that they both use the same pictures. Zillow doesn't have the tools like the ruler, though.
  5. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

K... I just spent about an hour messing with zillow.. unless there is some other version of it, It only had like 30 records for homes in my city.. and of those, I could only find one with lot size filled in... so I guess I'm stuck with a measuring wheel, and a big gasoline bill..
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Don't feel bad, County records is just a heads up type of thing, you still have to look at it, there's way too many factors could mess you up bad if you didn't.
    Just for example they could have 1/2 their property in the woods, or maybe they own an annex that doesn't show up on record.

I never give an estimate without looking at the work, that's just asking for it.
    btw estimating is part of the cost.
  7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I just checked out the website, and all I can say is...

i'm glad the lowballers have not yet started treating lawns in my area, I deal with them enough mowing.
  8. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member