What 21 " mower do you guys use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dogdad, Nov 12, 2001.

1. dogdad

dogdad LawnSite Member

I have been using the Honda 216 hydro mower for several years, but seem to be dissatisfied with my latest one (about 1 1/2 years old) . I really enjoy the hydro transmission, but the mower seems to be not like the earlier models. I also have a Gravely Pro 50 Hydro walk behind and a new Hustler Z also. What do you guys and gals use out there or what do you recomend for a 21' self propelled mower that bags and mulches. Thanks for any opinions

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

for starters do a search! to answer ur question i have a 22" craftsman mower self propelled, high wheel, mulcher/bagger. its about 3 years old, has gone through a lot, and all i have had done was a tuneup this past month and one oil change prior. thats not counting the blade maintenance. has a really good cut, easy to use, starts first pull, btw its a 6.5 hp. got it for $350.

3. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

ihave 3 ariens right now and getting ready to buy a honda commercial 21 in cut

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Scottie...chill out dude.

Dogdad...I have been using the same MTD for the past 6 years. Only sees gated pools. I don't see the sense in paying a lot of money for a piece of equipment that isn't going to be utilized that often.

5. longslawn

longslawn LawnSite Member

John Deere commerical 21". Have 2 and both are excellent mowers. A little pricey though.

6. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not gonna play Lawn Site Cop!!!:D

I bought a used LawnBoy 4.5 two stroke. It suits me great for no more than I use it.
    ;)

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Sensation 21" with the metal mesh catcher. 3.5hp briggs that screams all day long when the others out there wont work at all. ;)

Kris

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

not trying to be ls cop, great question and its been a while since asked however i feel its important to remind new comers about search feature, i did answer his question however didnt i? i myself have a question on this topic, what do u guys think about the new john deeres with caster wheels?

9. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

4 toro proline 4.5 hp suzuki. Run till you drop!! They can take a beating and keep going. I would not buy anything else. A little pric, but in my opinion worth every cent.

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I think they are following Cub and White who are following Snapper who followed Ariens.

These units are nice to have around if there is alot of tight, contoured landscaped areas to get between and around. If its hillsides your concerned with -FORGET IT!!!

Hope this helps. :)
    Kris