what 50" zero turn to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by aaron86, Feb 28, 2013.

1. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

alright we are considering getting a third zero turn this year but we are not sure what one to get here is what we are looking for under $10000 nice cut able to handel longer grass capable of doing normal hill and a deck around 50" our local dealers are john deere kobota and toro that i know of

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

What brands are the other two? Its logistically easier to keep parts for one or two mowers over all different brands. What's your favorite of the other two? I would stick with the brand I already know and like.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

all our machinery is toro and deere except for a ferris that is 14yrs old on motor number 3 but their isnt a ferris dealer near us any more

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like Toro might be your best bet. Kubota builds an awesome machine, but I'm not sure if they make a sub 10k model.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

I'm still in need of other professionals personal experience with their machines that will meet my requirements
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

What about the kobota ZG222 it's a 48" close enough for me in deck size anyone tried one
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

Or the toro z master comerical 2000 series
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

There's a fairly large LCO that uses a Kobota Z and on several occasions I just sat to watch this particular machine in action cuz it was one of the their biggest models and to be honest, I wasn't impressed at all with cutting abilities because it literally clumped every where and this is on weekly cuts. I'd look at the JD Z with the 7 iron deck.

9. aaron86

aaron86 LawnSite Member

What the price on the the jd though
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i got my deere 2 years ago for $7900 new.