1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a beast.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Jul 20, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

My turf tiger is a beast.....Today, it stormed for about 2 hours...one of those good soaking rains.....3 hours later, decided to go out and knock out a few more lawns near my house. As soon as I pulled up, this lady comes running out of the house saying can you please cut my lawn, please, please, please.....I said yeah, but its going to be $70 because it was so wet, so high and it was going to take me some time since I was alone. Pulled the turf tiger off the trailer, and in no time at all I was done. She said I thought it was going to take you a long time.....I just smiled and asked her to sign the maintenance agreement, and got her check. It had been over a month since it was last cut. Husband just got sent to Iraq last month, and I guess she has been to busy to hire someone. Pics below.....

I cut it down to 3 3/4 and will cut it down to at least 2 3/4 next week because is a Bermuda mix, but will allow to Bermuda to take over everything else short and thick, oppose to tall and thin thats why I cut so much off if you guys were wondering......

2. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

so did you just keep the discharge facing the woods on each pass.... Still a good amount of green considering the amount that was taken off...well done.
  3. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

I discharged everything towards the woods, raked up some, blew the rest back on the lawn, and hit it one more time to clean it up.
  4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

How 'bout what my Ferris took down last week? Its just an old trailer lot, but it needed cut really bad.:cry: :cry:

5. turfcaster

turfcaster LawnSite Member

Oh mylanta,Whats that stuff between the yards ? Looks like you need to whip out the Stihl hedge timmers.

I agree, mow trash grass as low as possible. Mow St.Augustine as high as your customers will let you get away with.
  6. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Thank god for ZTR's.....that looks good Matt....
  7. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Grunt, Grunt, Grunt...

More POWER! :weightlifter:

Great pics!
    Great machine! :usflag:

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Scag is good machine, nice job !!
  9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

tjs, dont you just love Scag mowers? I cut a lawn earlier this year that was roughly 18-24 inches tall with my Scag wb 48 Velocity deck. Ran it over twice at 3" open chute, then once more with the bag. When it was all said and done, looked like a green grass carpet. Didnt even tax the engine at all and it is only a 16hp Kaw!!! I love my Scag machines!!! That lawn came out very nice even with the amount of growth you took off of it
  10. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

I know that everyone has their own opinion about their brand of mower, but I really do love my Scag's....easy to maintenance, and are built to work.