1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a blower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsr2741, Oct 19, 2002.

1. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my new Redmax blower:blob3: from captdevo. Fired it up and played with it around my yard and all I can say is Wow!:D

Anyone just starting in this business or in the market for a new blower should definetly buy this one. Man has it got some power.

2. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

What type was it? I use all Echo 2-cycle equipment, but I am always open to suggestions.
  3. I think Steve got a Red Max 7001.

WOW is more like "Just Awsome"
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Since its a little more powerful than my 7000, you should have lots of fun with it!
  5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I got one as well from Devo about 2 weeks ago. It is A+ material and blows like nothing I've ever seen or used.. Incredible..

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys!!

the EB7001RH is the best i've run since the eb7000...

Mike, you gotta get one!!

i have some on ebay...ending today!!!

Click here for my ebay auctions!!!

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Dave...pardon my stupidity but I've never bought anything on ebay...how is that price different than if I call you and order one?? I'm about to buy one from you either way
  8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

no question is stupid..

with ebay, you have a chance at getting them at a great price, but people often wait till the last minute to bid...ya never know.

then there is shipping to add on.

call or email orders offer a great price w/shipping.

and no waiting till auction ends....
  9. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Hi jsr2741,

I got one first of this week from my local RedMax dealer. My first back pack blower and your right it beats anything I have used in the past short of something on wheels,

I bought a new mower from him about 2 months ago so he gave me a super deal on the blower I just couldnt turn down :D

10. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, Redmax 7001rh, about blew the grass out of the ground.;) I tried the echo 650 and Redmax 7000 and compared to my sthil bg 85 I thought I had hold of a cyclone but I resisted and decided to wait. However my dealer told me that the Redmax distributor didn't even have a pricing sheet available yet.

So after reading some more post I decided to e-mail captdevo. After a few days I called him and shot the bull for about 20 minutes; this guy knows his stuff, next thing I know I've got the 7001 on order (would of got to use it thurs & friday but ups delivered it to the wrong street).

Anyone who is thinking of getting into this biz but is limited on the money they can spend, all I can say is spend the extra money to get the quality equipment. As long as you do quality work your equipment will be paid off in no time.

Thanks to captdevo and the rest of you guys who post very informative information.

Exmark turf tracer hp 52
    Exmark 36 metro
    Honda umk 431 trimmer
    Stihl fs 80 trimmer
    Redmax 7001 rh
    Stihl bg 85 blower
    2002 Dodge Ram CDT "Rather Ram it than Stroke it"