1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a crappy week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpmako, Aug 30, 2006.

1. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

It is raining as I write this.
    As most of you NE guys know, we have gotten a lot of "RAIN".
    It has "RAINED" pretty much non stop for five days straight.
    On top of all of this monsoon like weather that we all really like, It is also a holiday weekend. And just to make everybody's day even more exciting I just thought I would share the forecast for the weekend - "RAIN"...
    So while you are out there in the "RAIN" trying to manage a Three, Four, or even Five day cutting schedule in Two days:gunsfirin Just know that you are not alone. Somewhere there are others doing/thinking the same thing...:)

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I already gave up on trying to figure out how to fit everyone in this week. Im just gonna keep working down the list and do what i can. If it rains this weekend too some just might have to wait until next week.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'll take it IMO...I remember all too well the drought of last summer and the one in '99 as well where the leaves starting falling in July
  4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

If they dont get cut this week, there is next week. Fortunately its not may and the grass isnt growing that crazy.
  5. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't remembered the last time it rained here, that did any good. We are dry here where I am at. We did have some cooler temperatures today and it will stay that way for a week. :cool2:
  6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Most of you guys just going to work sun up to sun down the enxt 2 days to try to get caught up... up here ill see locos even on a friday at 8 30 just heading home...
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Just last week we were coming home at 12:00 b/c the lawns were burnt to a crisp. Now we aren't working b/c it's raining. It doesn' t really bother me I have $$$, but my guys need the hours, they are starting to get itchy.
  8. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I remember those days too. I believe that during the drought of 99 we also had temperatures of well over 100 degrees for many, many consecutive days.

I did not see too many other companies out cutting today. We had to catch-up and it was not fun this morning. Lots of Backpacking clumps from the walk behinds, and it was way too wet for the rider until about 11:00am. Once we got the rider back in the game it was back to normal. Thank God for 7-Iron decks and Redmax Blowers. Thinking back I don't know how we did it with those old single wheel belt Walk-behinds and those piece of S**t 50 pound steel Echo Backpacks that could not blow wet grass 2 feet.

aahhh Those were the days.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

and then Floyd came through in the second week of September with 11" of rain in a 24 hour time period
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It was rainy this moring and damp for the rest of the day. I was able to get some work done but tommorow will be a full day and a busy day. We do need the rain though so I am not complaining. The grass has really green-ed up in the last week.