What a Crock!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Mar 3, 2005.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I decided to get out of the office and go out for lunch today. I also needed gas so I went to a station near the Coliseum Complex because it is always cheaper and near where I was going for lunch. When I pass the (huge, seats 23K) City Owned Coliseum what did I see? Three CITY EMPLOYEES that had cut the grass and trimmed (the Womens ACC Tourny starts here today or tomorrow) and ALL Three of them were blowing the trimmings and debis on purpose RIGHT INTO THE 6 LANE MAIN STREET!! It was so bad that cars were having to stop for the debis! Now if we did that they would fine the crapola out of us!

I am calling somebody at City Hall today about it!

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Figures they can get away with it, Im surprised there was enuff to cut all though things are starting to green up here some

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

City employees aren't known as the brightest crayon in the box Mike...lol

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

No, they are not the brightest crayon in the box. Too bad they dont have the common sense not to do that. Maybe your call will do some good.

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

You went to Stamey's for lunch didn't you?

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

YES I did.....ummmmm

7. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

You should have taken a photo or video and sent it to the news people. They love to see stuff like that ....because its controversial <sp> :realmad: wheres the sp.ck Arrrgh...there it is :cool2:

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

The city I work for does the same thing BUT then turns around and tells me that I CAN'T! I think it is very unprofessional but I really have no control over them......only my business.

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It probably took all 3 of them sharing a brain to come up with that idea.

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang some of that was kinda harsh. My wife is a city employee. The grounds crew was terrible until they had a lawn guy from Michigan hire on. He showed them how to trim hedges, mow and whole bunc of other things. When you hire people at 8.00 an hour wht do expect the experience level to be?