Lawn Care Forum banner

What a Difference a Week Makes

10K views 79 replies 36 participants last post by  Albery's Lawn & Tractor 
#1 ·
This thread is dedicated to Albery, ProStreetCamaro, and GravelyNut.

This was last week at the fire station.

This is today after just getting home from Clay's Equipment.

See less See more
#6 ·
I just had to come back and look at these pictures again! What a beautiful sight that is.

Now once you get to put them to use in some nasty conditions make sure and give an honest report on what you think about them. Your going to love the fact that they do not gum or clog up. We havent had to clean our deck out even once this spring and we had 9" of rain this month.

#7 ·
I bet the dealer can't wipe the grin off his face either. Looks nice, that's not the same trailer either, so what the deal with that? How long? I think you need to change your signature listing your new equipment.

#10 ·
Man, only one thing to say ... CONGRATULATIONS !! Now, I'm just curious along with the others why you decided to trade in the Hustler and JD equipment and go with all Gravely equipment ??

#11 ·
I copied this from my "Hustler for sale" posting.

I recently sold my 60" SuperZ with 1000 hours. When I went to buy a new 54" SuperZ, my dealer had made a mistake in the pricing. He had previously quoted me the price of a regular Hustler Z 54". A new 54" SuperZ with flex forks was almost $10,000 including tax. I almost messed my breetches. After demoing the Deere 820 and the Gravely, I really liked the Gravely and many of it's specs and equipment are exactly what Hustler uses on the SuperZs. Gravely has a "fleet" program if you buy so much equipment in one season. So I bought three.

So to make a long story short, I'm solo. I don't need five mowers.

#13 ·
I bet the dealer can't wipe the grin off his face either. Looks nice, that's not the same trailer either, so what the deal with that? How long? I think you need to change your signature listing your new equipment.
That's the trailer I use for hauling my tractor. It has two 5K axles. It's also 20' whereas the previous trailer is 18'. The Gravelys had about 2" to spare on that 20' trailer.

#15 ·
I gotta ask . If your solo why 3 z's . very nice mowers though

#16 ·
Here's some pics of the kids. They can't wait to go out and play.

I have to admit I am excited for you. That has got to be a very good feeling (maybe not in the pocket book) knowing you have a fleet of brand new equipment thats ready to work hard for you.

BTW you went hog wild didnt you? Headlight kits and the whole nine yards! :drinkup:

#18 ·
I have to admit I am excited for you. That has got to be a very good feeling (maybe not in the pocket book) knowing you have a fleet of brand new equipment thats ready to work hard for you.

BTW you went hog wild didnt you? Headlight kits and the whole nine yards! :drinkup:
I have always wondered why all ztrs didn't come with headlights. When you're 20 miles from home and it's getting dark but you only have 20 minutes to go, it ain't worth coming back the next day.

You and Albery's opinions had quite a bit to do with this decision. Y'all steered me to them. Then they sold themselves.:)

#19 ·
I have always wondered why all ztrs didn't come with headlights. When you're 20 miles from home and it's getting dark but you only have 20 minutes to go, it ain't worth coming back the next day.

You and Albery's opinions had quite a bit to do with this decision. Y'all steered me to them. Then they sold themselves.:)
In other words we got you to spend alot of money huh? :laugh:

Im glad you liked them and I honestly wouldnt preach and praise them so much if I didnt honestly feel they are quite possibly the best mowers on the market today. Its a damn shame they dont have a big name like exmark or scag. I think if more people were like you and gave them a good shot with a demo unit people would realise how good they really are. Over the years we have strayed away on occasion from gravely only to return again and we are always glad that we went back. As a matter of fact 1majortom (forum moderator here) drove a couple hours from pa down here to my dealer and bought a new 152XDZ this spring after I told him the prices my dealer was selling them for.

Well anyway good luck with your new mowers and I hope they treat you as well as they have treated us over the years.

#22 ·
I cant leave my stuff out like that my station....it'd be GONE! I work in da hood.....
I've been pretty fortunate where I've always been assigned. No real problems but I do put padlocks on the handhelds. We have some stations that guys have had stuff stolen. Everything from an entire trailer with the mowers, to actually siphoning fuel out of the tanks on the ztrs.

#23 ·
Man, I'd have a high speed come apart if I came back to my truck and the trailer was gone. I've actually seen here recently a device that takes the place of your reciever hitch and locks the trailer in place. I think I'm going to get one of those and some steel prison bars to put around my gas cans.:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.