What a frikin mess

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbell113, Sep 10, 2004.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

You know those pesky news papers laying in the driveway that the home owner does not want to pick up? Well I was trying to cut around a flower bed next to the mail box yesterday and whipped my W/B around and BAM let me tell ya what a mess. To make matters worse it was windy as heck took me 20 min to pick up what I could and the rest just blew around the neighborhood. Just hope no one complains, but what can you do when you screw up like that. Have any of you ever made a big mess like this.
  2. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Man I hate when Im doing some of my commercial accounts and I think I have the trash all picked up. And wam I hit a stupid napkin or such, and I have freaking paper all over the place. Makes for a real headache some days lol.
  3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Know what ya mean there ,but the ones that get me is napkins that get wet and settle beneath the grass then dry out and my mower sucks it out.
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

ha ha ha, yep, last season, exact thing here, bloody little tiny squares of newspaper everywhere, and it was long grass on a nature strip on this house but beside a busy road....you you think I could pick it all up, no....

did my best, in the end I just worked the clippings and paper against the fence, all I could do....know what you mean though, people are so damn lazy!

even some of my upper class clients don't like picking the paper up....weirdos. :alien:
  5. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

There are a lot of these newspapers tossed around in my area. I have hit them before as well. Is there some kind of permit that they get that allows them to toss these in driveways? I assumed there is but if you ask me, it's littering.
  6. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, But is it littering when you hit the paper and it blows about the neighborhood?
  7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Can't say I ever hit a paper other things yes but not a whole paper.

Now the napkin I have a few of them over the years.
  8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a guy take out a pair of phone books that had just been delivered makes a news paper look small as far as messes go.
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

That could be interesting.
  10. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

I mow a city park and trash seems to be a consistant problem. Lots of little things you can't see then, wham! Looks like confetti at a birthday party. Talked to boss at the Parks and Rec office and he said don't worry, it will blow away.