What a good contract looks like to a customer for weekly mowing and such.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sdelorey494103, Mar 2, 2007.

1. sdelorey494103

sdelorey494103 LawnSite Member
    from Capecod

also wondering prices for little fish pools...for one to be built...hourly rate im looking for, and im talking about the fish pools with rubber linning and rock on the outside. Thankyou for any help

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

its hard to answer this without including the things you already should of considered. would you except a bid with the price you quoted, quality of work performed, professionelism, and competance.

in my area i wouldnt charge more than $75per hr for any straight labor. if any heavy machinery is involved charge for rent + operating fees. charge accordingly for materials including markup + sales tax and you have your bid

3. sdelorey494103

from Capecod

Well my question is what does the actual sheet consist of. Is it something you make up or buy a premaid...never delt with contracts before

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The best contract is a signed contract, you can make it yourself from several templates available via search, which is to say this has been discussed before so there are samples laying around here.
    Staples / Office Max have a few interesting forms available you might check out, there is a business starter package you can order from here as well, and the sheet consists of paper.

5. terrapro

assuming you have all the proper licensing first call your suppliers to find out how much your wholesale hard goods will cost + your markup then estimate how much time it will take to install then fill in the blanks on any proposal/contract form you can buy from staples and present it to the customer

you can either buy or make your own contract, all you need is a legal form saying what you intend on doing and the cost. pm me your email and i can give you an example of my contract

6. sdelorey494103

from Capecod

7. sdelorey494103

from Capecod

You can send me it on that email. Im jsut starting pretty much and im by myself in business.

8. terrapro

sent but the mods will most likely remove your address. you can pm if you have any ???

9. sdelorey494103

from Capecod

nope dont w.e its fine i get the idea...something saying im gonna do a job for a certain price and amount of time/weeks in a row...both signing and agreeing basicaly

10. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

the first tractor job i did was digging a pond for a guy, there is alot to know about a pond and if you dont know all the ins and outs you better start doing your research. the pond was kidney shaped with the deepest part being 36 to 40". all i do was do the dirt removal and form the pond. the job took aprox 3 hours to dig and remove material to a different location on his property. You want a small machine so you can get in back yards i use a kubota bx23 which is a tlb (tractor loader back hoe) i need 53" to get into yards. i was only charging 45 an hour for the dirt work if i was doing the entire thing i would have bid it around 1500 to 3000 depending on the end result.
    happy ponding