What a great feeling!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric Green, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

It was a sunny 42 degrees today here in the Detroit area, and we were able to get to power rake jobs that turned into early spring-clean-ups!! Long days but my pockets sure are heavier than they were on Monday. I'll sleep like a baby tonight!!!

Eric

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've been working all week. It was in the high 60's today. I actually cut grass today!

3. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

Must be nice to have put in a whole week! I'll be in that boat soon. I'm due for a brake job (WHEW)... the last of the equipment! Everything will be up to par. Contacting all customers by the weeks'end. Then it's all green from there haha!! I think I'm gonna join a gym , boy were my muscles sore!!!

Eric

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We sill have large snow piles on the lawns so it will be a few more weeks. if we ever got sun here it would melt faster. Muskegon, MI tied MT. Olimpus for the cloudiest place in the country. anyway enough complaining. I did clean up a tree that fell down this winter at one of my customers. The first MANUAL labor in three months man am i beat.

5. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

The anticipation of getting back out into the field is just about killing me. We can finally see some green under the white stuff and now they have forecasted a few more flurries for the weekend. Soon enough, soon enough.

6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Still have a few inches of snow on the ground here. I have started contacting customers, and passing out flyers. Be back to work soon.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Been doing spring cleanups for the last 2 weeks,started cutting this week. Looks like another good start like last season,sure hope so. I had a call on my voice mail when i got in last nite, 2-acer yd will bid that today. Marks Mowing Service

8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, i started my work before the snow storms, but now all the snow is gone and starting today, spring clean ups are finally here. can't wait to get out there.

9. dan35

dan35 LawnSite Member

We have been cutting for 3 weeks or so. Got up to almost 80 today!

10. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Can't do too much here because of how wet the ground still is. Can't even take any equipment on the grounds because it's too wet..