What a hanukkah gift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Tuesday night, we went from leaf removal to full out snow fighting.

Now till the snow melt, which shouls all be gone by Monday, there is a slight halt on leaf work.

I love snow, but it could have waited a few more weeks.
  2. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Lgf,

We got over 5 inches of the white stuff this week.

Tuesday I went out and got plants for a 1500.00 landscape job. Guess what they are still in the pots and under the shelter. I don't know when I will be able to get in the ground.
  3. Yeah, I bought some tree's to install, and I had to heal them in.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

we got 8'' of snow. do u think we will be able to finish leaf season or wait till spring?
  5. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Please please please keep the snow up dere!!! After the 9th it can snow all it wants for I will be on vaction for 3 weeks:D . And I will get all the snow I need during that time..Norway here I come!!!!
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Here is MA, our season was shortened about 2 weeks, I think we are done.....this so many cleanups to do
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hear what you're saying, LGF. We got 8 or 9 in inches of snow Thursday. Started plowing 3:00 in the afternoon. Finally finished 9:00 the next morning.

Wish it could have waited though. Still had 2 clean ups and 2 fert jobs to finish. Oh well...maybe if it warms up.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Here where I'm at, we are snow covered, however, you can see the shade of grass peaking out through the snow cover in areas now. We pushed one day last wek, I put my equipment up, and now they are calling for temps in the upper 30's (38-39) for this next week. If this snow melts off, you can BET that I'll be out with the leaves again. How can I resist? So much work to do, and the money is there for the taking. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!payup
  9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Amen to that Runner, I heard the same forcast and after the warm temps on Sat I would say 80% of the snow is gone here. I hope to be out by Wed doing some leaves.
  10. Just made my calls to have everyone back in Monady morning.