1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a jerk!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dependable Lawncare, May 13, 2003.

1. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

Mowing a yard this morning in a nice neighborhood, about halfway finished the "LCO" that does the yard next door shows up with his tilt trailer and Snapper rider.

The guy proceeds to immediately run his snazzy little Snapper right down the property line discharging his **** into my nicely finished side of the property!

I glared at him for a minute but of course he did not look in my direction. So after I finished trimming and blowing all the rest of the job I took my Echo 603 and blasted his **** right back into his sloppy looking yard. He was paying attention now, but I didn't bother to return his glance. I just loaded up and took off.

Now that, my friends is my definition of a scrub. I wouldn't even THINK of doing something like that, much less with the other LCO looking right at me.

Now I have to wonder if the guy re-deposited his **** back in my lawn after I left. I'll call the customer later and find out. People like that SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate ppl like that. They are just a waste of time and life! :mad:

I wouldn't be brave enough to do that because I would think he'd hire a hitman. The last guy I dealt with had run the Gedney Picle Factory Out of business.
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Your name suggest that you care for a customers lawn. This other bozo probably only can offer cutting only. Big difference!

It is a shame to see that when it happens, but I think you will find even if he had a big zero turn machine he would have done the same. Its all in who they are and how they want others to perceive them and their work. I find guys like that dont care and only work for beer money.

Most LCO's like that dont care. So they only take care of what is in front of them, without even looking around.

Just be like a duck and let it roll off your back. Prove yourself the professional that you are and go on about your business. He wont be around long doing business like that.
  4. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

Well, I'm not a full service lawncare, I'm just a solo guy cutting some grass, doing small landscape jobs, whatever I can do to make a buck. But whatever I do I do it in a professional manner. It's a sympton of the society we live in. The old fashioned "work ethic" is dying before our eyes and ignorance is the latest fashion.
  5. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a similar experience.

Right after I finished a small office building's property, one of the big LCOs in the area pulls up next door at his commercial property, out jumps five (5) guys, two on Zs and three on line trimmers!!!!!!!!! All of this for a property that might, and I mean stretching it, to say 3K of turf. So they're done in 10 min. flat & then out comes two back pack blowers spewing debris all over my clean parking lot & neatly manicured rock garden. You might think that with 5 guys on the job they could get it right. Not. Plus, they missed spots with their trimmers.

So, even though I try and avoid "scrub talk" on here I would say that this large LCO is a S-C-R-U-B outfit. For me the definition of the word applies to more than a guy pulling a 21er out of the bed of his pick up - terms I've often read here.

I tried to voice my complaints, but the guys either couldn't, or acted as though they couldn't speak english. Still, they could have fixed the problem because I was speaking the universal language of "upset individual." By the way, anyone that might think about posting on here about me bashing "certain types of workers" - that's not what's in my heart, I'm just telling it like it is on this particular occasion.
  6. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

There's nothing wrong with cutting only. We've been in business 25 years, and all we've ever cared to do (or needed to do) is the mowing end of it. If a business owner insits we do it all so they only have one bill, we sub-contract it.
  7. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Dependable;Feel your pain.I had a post about similar problems with a guy on a Forrest Gump snapper blowing into the street which eventually blew over to my account and piled up on the curb.Someone in that thread said it best;just part of the biz.Too bad some people have no respect for others.
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have had many of times that happen to me. Actually I have it happen more in the winter time with snow removal. If you ever want to see me get really mad, just be around when I am finishing clearing a driveway of snow and the next door neighbor blows his onto the drive.
  9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've found, that the bigger the "biz" looks, the more likely the owner has been doing it for so lond he decided to hire whoever and doesnt really watch what the employees are doing and just "ets em at it" to make him some doe. It was once QUALITY first, then $$$. but as time goes by, the order reverses.