What a joke on E Bay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

So, it's an add for a ZTR. There are lots of advertisements on Ebay. After going to a few spring shows this month, most ZTRs (25hp+, 60") are running around $8500, so the price is high but not terrible.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I think that Blessed 1 is making a good point. The thought that Dixon thinks it will ever be taken seriouly in the commercial market is a joke. Dixon makes good products IF they are used for what they are designed for, and that would be homeowner and small estate light use. Just my 2 cents.

4. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

How in the world can you come down on a Dixon, when You use homeowner equipment? ie. Hustler Fastrack and the 33" cub wb?
  5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would have a hard time trusting a Dixon.
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Im sure its has its place and is reliable for certain applications.
    9,000.00 does seem steep for this one though.

and to "The Dude"-we dont bash others on lawnsite for the equipment they use. We all need to start somwhere, and need not have our oppinions viewed differently because of whats on our trailer.
  7. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are STILL living in the stone ages. Unlike most manafacturers, Dixon makes both a homeowner line and a commercial line. I guess that has been Dixons problem over the years because there are too many people out there that either use or see being used, the homeowner line and then compare em to the Scags and Exmarks and such. I have mowed in the past with Scag, Grasshopper, and Woods. I also own the 5000 series Dixon and the 7525 Dixon which is pictured below. I will put this mower up against anybodies commercial mower and it will hold its own with any of em!
    Heck even the 5000 series mower I have could have a whole page dedicated to the abuse I have put it through, both voluntary and involuntary. And it is still running strong after 6 years.

So everyone needs to quit living in the past and face the fact that Dixon make a quality machine.

7525 below:

with all this being said, I do think the Dixon guys got a little flaky when the put those saddle bag tanks and those big yellow ZTR letteres on it though. Incedentally I can get that mower from my Dealer for about $7500

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Everyone who seems to bash the product, needs to actually try one before they voice an opinion on it. Ive never used one so im not going to say if its good or not.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

The Dude,

I run a 33" cub because it's what I could afford when I got in the biz. As for the Fastrack I don't have many yards as of now I need a big full blown commercial ZTR. The Fastrack is actully a very well built machine and has most of the same componets found on other larger ZTR's.

That being said everyone starts somewhere and we ALL learn from our experinces, I know I have.

Thank you proenterprises.

10. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

The Joke is the lawn Mower pictured for a buy it now price of $9000.00 Its either a Joke or a poor salesman. He would have been better off posting the baddest Dixon in the barn........