What a Joke

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Fwilamosky, May 23, 2013.

1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I am mowing today (left side of picture) and the neighbor to my property stops me and asks if I can mow his yard (the right side of the picture). I said "with my mower, kind of with a chuckle?" (I have a 61" procat 26 hp) and he says yes. I told him no and I will give him a brush hogging business number and after a few times of that then I will mow for him. He seemed taken back when I said no. I mean is her serious.

And the grass I mowed was mowed at 3.5"

2. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Yea its risky mowing grass that long , especially when you dont know whats down there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Just lost a good account in my opinion assuming he wanted weekly mowing not just a one time deal. Could have politely explained it needed to brush hogged once or twice before you could take over. Having two good sized accounts side by side is most guys dreams. Maybe u did do this and I'm misunderstanding but seemed kinda rude to me.
  4. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

he said he wants it mowed 3 times a year and that's it, I already have 3 properties to the left all over 3 acres a piece, so I'll pass on that one
  5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Yea if only three a year I would as well
  6. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell him to sell it as hay :laugh:
  7. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Funny but a good point lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I mow stuff like that with my Z masters. I would walk the lawn first looking for junk etc. Oh, Id also charge the guy like $500.
  9. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have let the price tell him no. Had a call for a long yard like this ended up getting a weekly acct out of it along with 30k in extras.Never know.
  10. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

I've gotten some decent work doing that kind of stuff. Some were one time deals, other ended up being a few times a year. Granted, I have a compact tractor and brush hog and a 5' rear finish mower I use in the rough. I'd cringe watching a guy with a Z in conditions like that. So yeah, if you're not set up to do weed/brush mowing, I'd refer him to somebody that is.