"What A Mess" Look At This Picture

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Daner, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been given this job to re-do this pond
    It was put In with no liner for the water falls and it leaked
    How would you tackel this job??

pond 029 small.jpg

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Just my opinion, but I would drain the tiny pond, remove all smaller rocks, leave the bigger rocks as they are, line it, install the smaller rocks and make a bigger pond.:weightlifter:

3. Daner

The Lady Customer would like to have the pond at least 4 times as big as the plastic liner that is there now
    I will have a back-hoe on the job as well as a skid steer

4. Daner

This Is how much room there is here to work...It is not crammed
    For shure I will be putting a ruber liner in for the pond itself
    And it will be excavated

5. Daner

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Daner..looks pretty self explanitory to me.But is it cemented around the rocks?I would treat it like building a whole new pond and waterfall and rip it out..start all over again.You will need to bring in more rocks to hold the liner up apound the sides of the new excavated pond.Charge accordingly..it is always more difficult to re-do the mess somebody makes.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

rip and re-do!

you can't fix a mess like that for less than the cost of ripping it out and doing it right.

8. Daner

Yes i agree It is a re-do big time...and yes the rocks are lightly cemented in,
    I would like to have a pond at the top of the hill, and a big one near the bottom...like i say... there is lotsa room here to build
    It will be the first one that I have done on a nice hill like this
    I,m open for Ideas keep them coming

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

its hard to give picture how to lay it out without standing there and looking from different vantage points from the house, yard, side, top, etc. I would incorporate lots of twists, turns and maybe a land bridge, just to be a little different.

I know what you mean with the hill, I am starting one saturday with a 6-7' elevation drop over 24' of stream. I can't wait, i'm getting ansy just thinking about it.

10. Daner

It is priced at labor+ material
    I think this job will take close to 50 hours for 2 guys...by the time we are done with the small landscape bushes ,plants re- seed etc.
    I WILL KEEP THE PICS ROLLING as we go along