"What A Mess" Look At This Picture

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Daner, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

The slope on the edges...Yes i do have to get some slope on them I may run a cedar log down each side...and rap the liner over the log...or just build it up with sand.
    I have been tyed up on another project...but should be back on this pond this week:clapping:

2. Daner

I,m guestamating a lip 2 'long x1"...I just checked the pump...its 1000 gph.

3. Daner

Dam this pump is going to be way to small...1000 gph.
    How big should i go ...or...hmmm...maybe still use this little guy...and add another pump??.
    Maybe this pump can feed the old milk can, that i have planed to pour into the top(small) pond...then use another just to add more water up to make the falls more agreasive.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

DO NOT USE SAND! I am redoing a pond next week that was formed with sand. after 3 years all the sand is at the bottom of the pond and the liner is stretched beyond belief. $$$ for me, but major heads in doing the job too.

Use the cedar logs ontop of the liner, just berm up the soil to hold the water in. for every 1' of vertical drop you can expect a 1.5' bounce out of some of the water (aka leak). From the pics it looks like it would be easy enough to berm that 6-10" and contain the water. Use big rocks (make it look natural)

6. Daner

On top of the liner??? I was thinking useing them under neath the liner...then the bottom of the log would will be on the ground...also you wont see the log...these are cedar fence posts...and then build up the edges with rocks...
    I,m going to go for a walk in that back property today ...and i will show yaa all the rock selection that i have to choose from.
    Thanks for your help...and i apreciate the comments.
    Daner

7. Daner

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

do not use sand under the liner either. it just washes down to the bottom over time.

9. Daner

Ok no sand...But the logs???did you meen put them under the liner??...Thats where i was going to put them...thus to berm up the edges

10. Daner

Here are some of the bigger rocks that i have to use for this project.

pond 021-1.jpg