"What A Mess" Look At This Picture

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Daner, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

personally I like to add some logs to my streams/ponds if they look natural or weathered. I would keep them on top of the liner, use loam to berm up the sides to contain the water. and lay the liner in a normal fashion. be sure to leave plenty of extra so you can pull it up higher if you need to. Thats one mistake many builders make on their first couple ponds. Some of those monsters with the moss would make great character rocks too!

3. Daner

Just to let ya all know...I havent ran away from this pond re-do...Its hay season where i a,m......been busy...But i will be back at this job real soon
    Once again I do apreciate all your help and comments
    Daner

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Daner,
    Done any work on this pond lately?

5. Daner

No I have not done anything ...I did clean up a bit took away the old rocks that were full of cement and the soil that i dug...But I will be on that job soon...and I havent ran away from it ...LOL...I will keep yaa posted
    Daner

6. Daner

I took this pic today...after the clean up was done:)

pond 081 small.jpg

7. TheGrassBandit

TheGrassBandit LawnSite Member

hmmmm......

8. Tstop

Tstop LawnSite Member

Hey Daner,

Did you ever finish this project? Would love to see the before after.

9. Daner

I Will be starting this project again ...as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer.

I put the round up to all those gross weeds up on the hill...that area i want to fill with river rock...I'm not sure what kind of weeds came up with that soil I put In there,but after the round up killed them the stalks were close to 1" thick.

anyway I know this has dragged out for a while now...but i will post soon...and ask for all your help and suggestions.

We still have lotsa snow on the ground but its slowly melting away...Be back soon

Daner

10. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I am glad you re-opened this thread. Looks like a neat project. Definitely challenging starting with no liner and boulders that large.