1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a mess

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by South Florida Lawns, Apr 12, 2011.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

So I started using quick books this year and I have to say its an awesome program, really has everything all in one package. i'm learning it as I go but damn something somewhere is majorly ****** up. Half of my invoices don't get printed. Seems like each month I try and get things sorted out it gets worse. I know its not the program just me. I'm trying to figure it all out, totally making pizzed.
  2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

it deffinetly takes some time, many thiings aren't were you would expect them to be. But it is a hell of a lot better than just trying to do it all by hand
  3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you give me more info I can probably help, been using the program for almost 10 years now.
  4. WheatBookkeeping

WheatBookkeeping LawnSite Member

Make sure your date range selection is what you want.
    Make sure an A/R is set up for the invoice you want.
    Make sure the invoices you want are selected.
    Make sure "To Be Printed" (bottom left corner of Invoice screen) is checked on all the invoices you want

what features are you using? such as billable time and costs.

5. after you've used it a little while, look into taking a class on it and it will help a lot.
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Thanks guys. I'm probably gonna take a class on it whenever I get free time. Seems like im using about 2% of the program. I like it though its getting me organized.