1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a party

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Jun 22, 2012.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

did some work at this place today. they are having a wedding for their grand daughter on july 5th. I had to cap a few heads that were in the temp driveway for the tent people and had to cap all the heads around the parking court because it was going to get a floor built over it for the cocktail hour. the main tent will have no sides but will be air conditioned with a 30 ton chiller. the caretaker said he thought they were spending over 2 million on this wedding. set up takes 3 weeks the party is 6 hours, and then 10 days to break it down. then the landscape has to be put back together.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. $2mill huh. I hope you tripled your rate. :)
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

it must be nice to be able to afford to put that together for a grandaughter :)

hope they are happy with everyones hard work and it goes on without a hitch, i mean problem
  4. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

WAAAAAY more money than brains.

What a major waste of money. For a marriage that is highly unlikely to last 2 years. Or 5, what ever the going rate is today.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice stuff, I did one like that last year, only the client got the time wrong, and I arrived an hour after the crew started setting up. Had the remote & flags, and washed-down the tent install crew a couple of times.:dizzy:
  6. greenmonster304

I agree that I probably wouldn't spend that if I had it but it has given hundreds of people some work to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

From what I have seen, the more people try and over impress and over spend at a wedding, the less likely it is to last. The more simple weddings, where it is designed more for the couple, and is fairly simple, the longer the marriage lasts.
    Just from my personal experience with friends and family.
  8. greenmonster304

Its funny you say that. I got the call because the last co. Charged $700 to mark out the main line and control wires, I guess they got greedy. My brother does all the plantings there and I have made some repairs over the years so hopefully I will stay on. It is a beautiful estate.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Mine was under $2000.
    Simple out door wedding with a few friends/family.

8 years on monday.
    Not to say that we've not had a rocky low point or two but we are still here.
  10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I hope the young couple elopes :p