What a piece of!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I took my scag in today for my year end service and my dealer wanted me to take this husky zero-turn and try it out. It is the worst zero mower i have ever used! These mowers dont even come close to compare with scags. My neighbor and I mowed 6 yards with it and i would hate to think that i would have to mow for a living with this thing !!! Anyway its just my 2 cents but man do i love my scag evenmore now!!!!!!!!! oh yeah its a 60 inch deck with a kohler

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats another tally on that chart for this topic.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

So scag is simply the best.

4. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

A little more info would be nice. What model and hp? What specifically didn't you like - operator position and controls; cut quality...?

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

For sure...how about being specific?

6. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

And these are my thoughts on SCAG's.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Makes you wonder if he's a Scag dealer! (of course I haven't heard a ton of good things about Husqvarna mowers either)

8. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about that its a 62inch deck 30 kohler v-twin which is burning oil. The mower also vibrates very badly. I took the blades of and balanced them and it didint help. The throttle has to be held in the fast position with a wire because of the vibration. The deck adjustment handle pops out when you try to move the deck height. Another thing i noticed is that after sharpening the blades and running it over my own yard the cut quality is not comparible to other mowers i have used such as scag,deere, or exmark. And no I am not a scag dealer, I have had alot of great service from my scag and after using the husky I think I made the right choice in what mower I use.:clapping:

9. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

What year is the husky, from your first post i was under the impression it was new or at least a demo

10. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not really defending Husky; Ive never used one of their mowers but it does sound like the one you were using was kind of outdated and beat up.
    -Nick