1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a scam !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnchoice, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you see how cheap his other stuff went? Dang!
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

It may be legit. Depends. Email him and ask him if it would be okay to pay him cash on pickup. Based on what he says/how he reacts...you should be able to tell if its legit or not.
  4. Lawnchoice

I emailed him asking him all sorts of questions about it. Just for s&g's

Have yet to hear back though !
  5. proenterprises

Let me know how he reacts when you hear back.
  6. Lawnchoice

Totally -

Nice rain today ! Go away snow, go away !
  7. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping LawnSite Member

Trust me run!!!!! any item on ebay that states "restricted to pre-approved bidders" is an all out scam! i've contacted a few of these guys and said that i'm located right by item and that i'd like to come see it before i bid and it always comes back "well item is located ??? (somewhere far away) and it needs to be shipped to him before i can see it blah blah blah. then i'll email them back stating that thats fine and that i'll bid to win auction and if i win then i'll pick up in person with cash, and if they get back to you which they usually won't they'll give you some more "stories" of why that won't work and you need to do this or that. ebay really needs to get ahold of these morons i can't imagine how many trustworthy people they reel in. let us know what he says but i know it will be very sim. to the above.
  8. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

I was bidding on some used ZTR's After I lost the auctions by at least 2000.00 I started recieving second chance offers. They looked legit. I got worried when they started asking for me to pay using western union. I forwarded all of the e-mails to eBay, and they said that it was a scam. The kicker is that I am still recieving these second chance offers. I guess that eBay is not that interested in protecting us.
  9. proenterprises

Yes. Second chance offers usually are a scam. I was bidding on a blower a few years back, and lost the auction. I kept getting second chance emails from the seller, stating that I could purchase for some adsurd price. He "claimed" to live in my area. I told him I would pick it up and pay cash. He refused and said he wanted to be wired the money.

That is usually a red flag. Plus, once your ripped off, there is nothing ebay can do for you. They state that they are not responsible for items which are traded outside of their domain. Plus, you have no proof of agreement.
  10. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

Doesnt paypal have a purchasing insurance