What a sight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rhinox29, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I have a rental house next to mine that a spanish family has moved into. They have been there for about 4 months now. They have not been mowing their lawn as they should and the HOA gave them a warning. So today they back up their truck and in the bed is a Walker ZT that looked like it may be about 10 years old. Now for the funny part. They put boards down from the bed of the truck as a ramp and pushed and pulled for around 25 minutes to get it unloaded. Then they jump on it and start mowing the lawn in reverse. The mower does not have forward gear. They push the levers but nothing happens. Watching the 2 guys trying to mow looking over their shoulder was kind of funny, but at least they got the yard mowed. :clapping:

2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

They probably didn't realize that to make a walker go forward, you have to push forward on the ground speed lever located on the right side of the mower. If it isn't pushed, you can push the levers all day long and it won't move, but will go in reverse if you pull them back.

3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

hahaha they should not be using a lawn mower if they can't figure it out. lol

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

This is one of the storys that should go under my thread: Stupid Things Homeowners do.

5. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

You should go over and show them how to use it ,and while your there get the serial number and have it checked out .

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Why because they are Hispanic?:rolleyes:

7. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

no because none of them seemed how to use it . just a thought sorry.

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure thats exactly why lol. :hammerhead:

On a more serious note thats not it at all. 1) Chance are that if they got a Walker for that property they don't know what they are doing. Walkers are not brush cutters. 2) They can't even figure out how to make the machine go forward!! 3) reasons 1 and 2 should impose the question: How did they get their hands on this machine? Last time I checked you can't rent a Walker for a day. If it was a friend's I think they would have shown them how to at least use it. So how else do you believe they got it. Can't be from a LCO that they work for because they, more than likely, would know how to use it if they spend 8 hrs a day on one.

Point is If they were white or black I would still say they should get the #.
    By the way, thought the comment how you decided to make this a race issue was really funny.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Well "the race issue" was the first thing that came to mind. I don't think it's all that funny.

I would figure that they just bought it off some guy for cheap or somthing, if they were my tenants.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I do but don't find it amusing at the same time...

The one time I tried to help some hispanic folks, they ended up wanting everything for next to nothing... Dunno if this is common, thou I would hope not, it sure turned me off from trying to gain a piece of the hispanic population as part of my customer base... being how I speak spanish, that is.

But I probably would've shook my head a little, I just try real hard to stay away from making fun of people having problems.
    When life sux, I'm usually just glad it's not me this time.

As for rentals, around here they rent Wb's and Z's, why not a walker?
    But, a Wb is $100 / day...

So I figure, rent a walker for 1/2 day it costs 60-75 or so...
    I guess now you have to ask yourself, what would you have charged to cut it?

still it is kinda funny thou, had to be there kinda thing i guess...