1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What a swell attitude

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

QUOTE]Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
    It's almost a fatal Attraction with some, which is why I prefer to post as much disinformation, & non-information on Matters that are Not Green Industry Related. [/QUOTE]

Boy, what a swell attitude. :dizzy: At least now "I" know why UL's comments never made any sense. And he calls "Us" wackos..........
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i'd love to see LS go to a pay-site style for the simple fact that some people have nothing better to do than to stir up crap

@ $60/yr that'd keep most moron's away (hard to have more than one billing address) yet still an affordable way to share, gain, discuss, compare and contrast industry related topics.
  3. Cut This!

Cut This! LawnSite Member

Is this tread really necessary?
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

BSdeality, it's easy just go rent a mailbox at a post office or have a friend do it for you.
    Anyway yes I've always felt like I get all the info before the local cutters about things like OCDCs, striping info, double blades, etc. many things that make this site worthwhile, besides all the entertainment and comical relief! :p
  5. BSDeality

i didn't say it was impossible, but it'd be more than out of the way for someone to go through to "spread dis-information"
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Bsdeality Said.
  7. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Um.. The day lawnsite goes pay site is the day cows fly!

Hey buddy, you think this site would be more productive if you made everyone pay 60 dollars to use it? Where would all the money go?

I come to LS to get a head start. I rather learn things off of LS then the hard way. LS is a great site but how many people do you think would fork over 60 bucks a year? I would go out of my way just to get info somewhere else then pay that price.
  8. BSDeality

mrbenfer, you can't justify spending $5/mo for your business?!

running a server/board takes bandwidth, time, effort and patience. the sponsor's cover or at least off-set that cost now. perhaps put that yearly fee towards raffles? or to upgrade the server (hardly ever have problems, but they do happen every now and then.)

i never said it'd be more productive, but it'd help sift out the garbage.

just my $.0195
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Would.
  10. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

I would.