What a Walker would look like if it were in a NASCAR race/wreck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Apr 26, 2007.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

so, i was taking my walker to have one little part fixed. it was a great day...i had one of my sons with me and we were listening to the radio. i set my cruise on 60 in a 65 and we were the only ones on the road. i had gone with the the small utl trailer that day to save a little gas, i'd hoped, and i had left the deck at home because i knew exactly what i had need to have fixed. i was feeling good...had just paid it off a few days before.

when suddenly, the trailer violently started swaying and jack-knifed. it slammed into the driver-side of the truck and flung itself back to the right hand side of the truck, grinding the tounge into the road, flipping up and flinging my mower, tumbling onto the shoulder. the mower rolled at least 5 times. i saw it roll twice next to me and i swerved to keep from hitting it...yelling at my son to hold on! the incident happened in 10 seconds total.

i am still not sure if i had breaked too hard, or had i tightened the secure strap too tight, had it just been too light to run it at 60, i don't know. no one was around, and no one was hurt. a guy saw me reloading and followed me home.

talk about shook up...i need to talk to my therapist.

anyway. i am looking to get a new walker mtefi 26 hp 52 in side discharge/mulching deck OR the 56 in side discharge deck and my old ghs deck (the one i did not have with me that day) what would ya'll suggest?

Picture 500 of them 572.jpg

Picture 500 of them 568.jpg

Picture 500 of them 576.jpg

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

HOLY SHNIKES BATMAN. OUCH. Thats all I can say. Sorry it happened.
  3. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Oh, yeah....parts for sale:
    rebuilt engine and brand spankin' new tires!
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So what actually happened...the trailer come off the ball and it was going back and forth due to safety chains? Guess I will look at hooking up my battery controlled brakes. I was wondering what would happen at high speed with the trailer only attached with safety chains....
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry about the stuff that got all wrecked.

Glad nobody was hurt though.
  6. Fox Fire

Fox Fire LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

Was the latch on the trailer missing before or after the accident?
  7. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nasty mishap. Some people will do anything to get a new machine. :laugh:
    At least you didn't hit anyone. What had to be fixed and will it start now?
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you got a flat.

Shouldn't be a problem, looks to only be flat on the bottom!

Lets see some pics of your trailer.
  9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My question exactly.

I wish nobody here on LS any bad luck but if the chains were what was holding the tongue onto the ball.......:confused:
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, that must have been scary and disappointing. Glad your ok and i hope that never happens again to your new Walker.
    Send Walker Manufacturing some pics of it.:dizzy: