what a wonderful day?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Stephen, Feb 17, 2000.

1. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

Well fellas, it is 5:45 am, and so far today i had my sander truck shear the lugs off one side, lost one tire and rim, lost several hrs. labor, and have to sand my run by hand, which took 4 hrs. to do with a sander, i can't get it towed for atleast another couple hours and we are supposed to get a big storm tommorrow. And the day has just begun. I'm not whining, just a LITTLE P.O.'D. <p>What a wonderful day..........?<p><p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

How did you make out with repairs?I know how you feel,the same thing happened to me in a blizzard in 96.Luckilly I was working for someone,so it wasnt my truck. John D<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

What size truck is it? I bet it is an auto. I had an 86 k-30 with an auto, and the constant shifting from forward to reverse loosened the rear lug nuts and I sheared all but two wheel studs. So now I check the rear lugs every 3 hrs of plowing. Good thing is it only took about an hour to replace them, but I had to wait till the next day to do it.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

The truck I was driving was a 85 K-30 flatbed dually with 6.2/4spd manual,so I think it makes no difference.We had just had all 4 new tires put on 2 days before from a Big local supplier that does mostly bigrigs.The road service crew wanted to charge them for the call and repairs!,so we did it ourselves at 3:30am with 5&quot; in hte road.Ah the joy of plowing.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

5. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

well i am back on the road now. I only lost a day with the truck, but i havn't seen the repair bill yet. John- thanks for the e-mail. Sorry i didn't reply but i just got back online after a trojan horse virus. Everyone watch out for the virus BuddyList.exe.<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>